Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cuddles in Edinburgh

About a week ago I was in Glasgow, Scotland for the sole purpose of going onstage with Kevin Bridges in front of about ten thousand people for the recording of his new DVD "The Story Continues..." It was wild and I consider myself quite the lucky dog. It was so dope and I had such a fun time. Glasgow is such an awesome city and I hope that I can return soon and often. The recording for that was Saturday night and I also went onstage again in front of another ten thousand people on Sunday night. I wanted to take advantage of my time in the UK, and the fact that I had an excuse to get out of school for a week, so I stayed for the whole following week as well. I was to help out with the DVD for some things on the following Friday in Glasgow, but I didn't have much to do in between Sunday Night and Friday morning so I decided to explore the UK a little and I had the opportunity to go down to London for a few days. I was in London from Tuesday through Thursday, then I rode the all night sleeper train back to get back to Glasgow by Friday morning. London was awesome and many adventures were had, but the focus of today's story is from the city of Edinburgh, Scotland.

I spent Monday in Edinburgh and it was a wonderful city. The city looks like it's straight from a movie or dream of some sort. I was coming back from the castle that sits on a rocky outlook and while walking down the royal mile being mesmerized by the beauty of the city and buildings over the street performers playing their bagpipes I heard a ladies voice with a very strong thick Scottish accent say "Excuse me. But it's law here that anyone taller than me must give me cuddles." After I heard that I looked over and saw a girl standing there who was about six foot four inches tall and I stand about six foot five inches tall, so needless to say she was pretty tall and probably didn't encounter too many men taller than her. I starting smiling and looked around to see if she was talking to me and so she looked me in the eyes and said "Come give me cuddles." She opened up her arms and gave me the "Get over here and hug me" look so I went to her, spread my arms out, and gave her a big ol' bear hug. It was quite an awesome hug. She held it for a while then said, "It's been so long since I've been given cuddles by someone taller than me." Then we both smiled and went our separate ways. It was quite the moment and one that I'll never forget. I walked down the street for about another minute then just bust out laughing. It was so funny. I wish I could have recorded it so I could listen to her thick Scottish accent say "cuddles" again. Anyways, I guess the moral of the story is that sometimes you find yourself in a foreign country and when that happens it's very important to abide by the laws of the land. Especially if the law has anything to do with giving cuddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment